This website is owned and operated by LeadStream (Jersey) and is intended for use by consumers in the United Kingdom. We abide by the relevant rules of the UK Data Protection Act 1998 and the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005.
Information We Collect From You
To take advantage of some of the services and products we offer, you might be required to provide us with certain information about yourself, by completing certain forms on our website. We also collect details of your visit to our website and your use of it.
All personal data collected will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2005. It will be:
- Adequate, relevant and not excessive;
- Used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes;
- Treated confidentially;
- Stored securely; and
- Not kept for longer than 10 years after we have provided the requested from you products and/or services, after which the data will be securely destroyed.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.quotesearch.com (our site) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial information and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical and advertising networks) and may receive information about you from them.
Disclosure Of Your Information
We may share your personal information with the following members of our group: Money Marketing Group Limited, Cover Direct Limited and LeadStream (UK) Limited.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Insurance, Mortgage, Debt Management and Loan consultants who can advise you on selected products or services.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
Our suppliers and sub-contractors have to follow our express instructions in respect of the use of your personal information and they must comply with appropriate security measures to protect your personal information. Others to whom your personal information is transferred are merely regulated by their local data protection laws.
We may transfer your personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area (the EEA, i.e. the 28 European Union Member States, as well as Iceland, Norway and Liechtenstein), which do not always provide the same level of data protection as the UK, for the purposes of providing you with our products and services. If we do make such a transfer, we will put a contract in place with our service providers including security obligations on them to ensure that your personal information is protected in accordance with UK standards.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If LeadStream Jersey or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Sensitive Personal Data
We may occasionally ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in section 2 of the Data Protection Act 1998. This information will be in relation to your physical health and it will help us allocate better deals for you. By proceeding with obtaining a quote, we will take that as your explicit consent to such information being processed by ourselves and the relevant third party product providers.
We collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type using a cookie filer. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service to you. They enable us to personalise your experience on our website, speed up your searches and help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you. It also allows us to monitor general traffic patterns and usage of our website to help us to improve our website design and layout. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
This information is completely anonymous.
If you provide us with information about yourself by form filling on our website a session cookie collects that information and stores it during your browsing session so that if you wish to fill another of our forms it will be automatically populated. Information stored in that cookie is deleted as soon as you terminate your browsing session.
How We Use Your Data
We (or other members of our group with whom we share your information) may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us; and/or
- To transfer your personal data to third parties to enable them to obtain a quote and communicate it to you.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and/or
- To contact you by letter, telephone, text messaging or e-mail to inform you about other products and services which may be of interest to you; and/or
- To notify you of our news, changes to the website, special events or other services we think may interest you;
Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How We Store Your Personal Data
As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have provided via this website, to prevent unauthorised access. We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal details remain secure. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
The sixth principle of the Data Protection Act 1998 provides data subjects the following rights in relation to the retention or processing of personal information:
- a right of access to a copy of the information comprised in their personal data;
- a right to object to processing that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress;
- a right to prevent processing for direct marketing;
- a right to object to decisions being taken by automated means;
- a right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Act.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by un-ticking the box on the right hand side of the QuoteSearch.com forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us (see Contact details below).
Access To Information
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.